Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Battle of Faith and Fear! Faith Sermon!

As I come back to my blog page, I felt that today I should start documenting all my Sermon Outlines for Preaching Test and link it to my above Topic of Male by Birth, Men by Choice. After all, I really am For Men's Ministry. =)

Today I would like to share with you on my message entitled.

THE BATTLE OF FAITH AND FEAR!

Matthew 8:23-27

New King James Version (NKJV)

Wind and Wave Obey Jesus

23 Now when He got into a boat, His disciples followed Him. 24 And suddenly a great tempest arose on the sea, so that the boat was covered with the waves. But He was asleep. 25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
26 But He said to them, “Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?” Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 So the men marveled, saying, “Who can this be, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”

In Matthew 8:23-27, as I read this passage, I looked at it in a new direction. The disciples were Fearful, after all a storm arosed! Not just any storm though, in the greek, the word Tempest is the word Seismos, where you get the word Siesmic Activity which is usually refered to as an Earthquake.

So what they are experiencing over there, is a sudden storm of EPIC proportions! The disciples lives flashed before their very eyes as the waves crashed onto the flimsy boat they were in. Fear began to enter them and they ran helter skelter for cover! Like there is any cover at all left in the open lake...

Then they start to remember, there was this person that they followed, Jesus! He can calm the storm! So they went looking for Him and found Him doing the exact opposite as any sane person in the world would do. Sleep in the Storm.

The disciples were furious! "Can't you see we are perishing!" said one. "You dare to take a nap in the midst of a stormy sea?"
Jesus awoke then and start to speak in a gentle tone. "Why are you Fearful, O you of Little Faith?" then it hit me at that very instant!

This phrase that Jesus spoke, intrigued me. When Jesus make this statement, you can divide it into two parts. "Why are you Fearful." and "O you of little Faith." what Jesus meant was, that the disciples had Fear as well as Faith dwelling in their hearts. God is a person who deals with the Heart and Minds of People and really, most of the problems are really problems from our very heart.

This question was then posted:
"Is it possible to have Fear and Faith in us at the same time?" The answer came to me quickly. "Yes."

For the carnal mind is enmity against God. That is why Christians must live a life that is very engaging. Especially with things regarding the mind. For the mind is something that we Fight in the spirit realm. We need to be more engaging and do not allow another foothold for demons to grab hold.

Now there are 3 steps we can take to Counter Fear in our Hearts:

1) To Hear the Word of God.

Romans 10:17
Now Faith comes by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God.

Learn to read out the bible. Make yourself heard! Keep hearing things about Faith! Listen to praise and worship song about Faith!
Like "I Walk... By Faith... Each Step... By Faith... To Live... By Faith... I Put my Trust in You!"

2) Put the Word into Action!

James 2:26

New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Just like how Pastor Ming always likes to share about the Word of God that was being sown into our Hearts. In SOT we are always listening to multiple sermons! Therefore it is not what is Taught but what is Caught! We need to allow the seed of the Word of God take root on good ground, not allowing the Devil to take it away again.

3) Stand in Faith

1 Corinthians 16:13

New King James Version (NKJV)
13 Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.

This is the hardest thing we can do. After Hearing the word of God, after doing the word, when troubles start to arise, when problems come, we need to Stand in Faith. To be Brave and Be Strong. We need to Trust in God.

For me the number one fear is actually public speaking. I was wondering everyday, how am I going to public speak to these bunch of people who I am training. How am I going to inspire them? Let alone face them!

I went to Hear the word of God. I was always reading about Leadership and the book I happen to live by in army was You the Leader, by Dr Phil Pringle. I used that book and read most of the promises that are in that book.

Then I began to put the Word into Action. Certain tips in the book which I felt it can be used, I exercised it and somehow it turned out rather well.

Lastly, I had to stand in Faith. I trusted in God for his Spirit to come upon me as I lead my recruits to become better people. Every single opportunity I was given to share, I share with Faith in my heart. It wasn't smooth at first, there were times my speaking was not very good. But I choose to stand in Faith. And right now, here I am, speaking to all of you through a blog. LOL! I was addressing this to people on Wednesday, yesterday. Anyway.

The problem is all about Choice.

Faith is a Choice

It is about Choosing Confidence when we lack confidence.

It is about Choosing to Believe when all things are going wrong for you. God will turn it around for your Good.

FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real

FAITH is Forsaking All I Trust Him

Having both in you means:

Having False Evidences that Appear Real, yet we CHOOSE to Forsake All, I Trust Him.

How many of you need a fresh anointing of Faith on your Life?

As you listen to the Word that was spoken, do you feel that Fear has somehow overtaken your life?

You felt as if Fear is taking control of you? But Today, you decide to Choose. You have decided to Choose Faith.

If you decide to choose Faith, I would ask you to lift up your hands at the count of 3. And God will bless you, empower to engage Faith whenever there is Fear in your life. At the count of 3.

1, 2, 3! I see Your hands.

Father I pray for all those hands that are lifted. I pray let your anointing and blessing come upon them right now. I ask for every heart to be open to receive your touch. That Father, you empower them with your Faith, show them how to engage Faith, whenever Fear arises and Father, do not allow Fear to be their bodies reaction because as long as Chirst is in us, we have the ability to counter Fear with Faith. Thank you and we Praise you. In Jesus Mighty name, Amen!

No comments: