Sunday, May 13, 2012

Year 2012

Blogging has taken a huge rest in my life... However recently, there are much events that I wish to document in my old blog, and since my profile is not yet deleted (PTL) I am able to revamp and recollect every thing that has happened to me in the past. How shall I begin this post? Let's have an update as to what has happened so far previously.

- Army NS Liability Completed

 I have finally fulfilled my calling to National Service of 2 years of my life. Although the experience was filled with much pain, grieve, sorrow, fear, rejection, I made it through. People usually enjoy their 2 years in NS and I do have my fair share of happiness as well. But trust me, it wasn't the best OVERALL.

- Pursuing the Arts (Lasalle College of the Arts)

After which I decided to pursue arts during my last few months before I ORD. I have been attending Art classes in Lasalle, short courses that expose the world of Art to me. I felt at that time, I had a great interest in such activities and also felt confidence when I tried to replicate another person's drawing or pictures given. It was an eye opening experience for me as I watched nude people in front of me and I had to do real Life Drawing classes. I experienced the role of an artist, amateurish but fun.

- Working World (Epson Singapore Pte Ltd)

Next, I enter the Working World. I had great difficulty finding a Job but God has been Faithful to me. I prayed for a job to sustain me for a year, because of certain family relationship problems I faced (With regards to filial piety and finances) my dreams of going to SOT was dashed for that year. It was probably God's way of saying I am not ready.

So I decided to work for a year, to prove also my own filial piety towards my parents and towards myself, my own character. I also took this opportunity to be more spiritual by participating and going through all church activities. But aside from that, Epson was one of the first working experiences that I will carry with me for life. It was a model of how working life should be like. Where we are friends that help each other out in the workplace, and office politics is still present, but behind the scenes we were helping each other. I felt the support given to me and to adjust to the job scope was very well done, also because I felt that all those times in army has molded my character to be more reliable and more effective towards working. On top of that, the people were friendly, despite age and circumstances, we all are neutral and also fun to discuss topics together.

I felt for the first time, loved in a workplace, except for certain Boss moments which I was very expectant for it to happen.

The job I have also gave me much experiences in administrative duties that require me to sit in front of a computer, manipulating data management, logistics data movement and indication of stock location and usage. From the terms I used, you would probably guess I am under logistics.

Well, yes and no. I am a Purchaser. I have to maintain a database for all the products I have bought, monitor the stock level and to bring in or order more materials when it starts to run out. I have to maintain timing and stock levels all at the same time, on top of helping out with new improvement projects that the company wished to established. It was a valuable experience for me.

 Part 2 Coming up...

No comments: